Taylor Leibow LLP is a full-service Chartered Professional Accounting firm located in Hamilton, Ontario. For over 70 years, Taylor Leibow has served a diverse set of clients and is one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Hamilton and Burlington regions. Our primary client base is entrepreneurial, owner-managed businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. We pride ourselves on the outstanding service we provide our clients.
Taylor Leibow is looking for a full-time Senior Tax Accountant to join our firm.
- Bachelor of Accounting, Commerce or equivalent;
- Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) designation or currently in the latter stages of obtaining a CPA designation with a strong likelihood of success;
- Historically achieved high grades/academic excellence in accounting and related courses;
- 1-4 years’ experience with tax matters;
- Desire to enrol in the CICA In-Depth Tax Program; and
- A strong understanding of Canadian corporate and personal tax returns.
- A keen desire to learn an extremely technical and highly valued discipline;
- Be committed to reading and keeping abreast of current tax developments on a bi-weekly basis;
- Strong reading, research and writing skills;
- A good understanding of income tax rules;
- Attention to detail and the ability to detect and identify numerical, written and other types of errors;
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects; and
- A desire to regularly work and interact internally with members of various departments and externally with clients, corporate lawyers and CRA.
- Enjoy research and problem solving pertaining to a variety of client issues and industries;
- Have strong verbal communication skills in order to be able to discuss issues with other professionals, both within and outside the firm and quickly grasp the clients’ goals and objectives;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Be willing to accept additional responsibility as experience and knowledge increase;
- Be willing to present at departmental lunch and learns on various technical tax topics; and
- Be willing to provide input and feedback at regular departmental meetings and other strategic-planning sessions to assist in setting and achieving departmental goals.
For more information about the Tax practice at Taylor Leibow please visit: https://taylorleibow.com/core-services/tax-services/.
We strive to create an environment of team work, open communication, integrity, trust, honesty and mutual respect. Balancing commitments to clients, family and the community in which we live and work are core values of our professional environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Chelsey Montgomery, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taylor Leibow LLP is an equal opportunity employer. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or may require an accommodation during the application process, please contact Chelsey Montgomery at 905-523-0000.