Taylor Leibow LLP is a full-service Chartered Professional Accounting firm located in Hamilton, Ontario. For the last 75 years, Taylor Leibow has served a diverse set of clients and is one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Hamilton and Burlington regions. Our primary client base is entrepreneurial, owner-managed businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. We pride ourselves on the outstanding service we provide our clients.
Taylor Leibow is looking for a full-time Manager to join our Taxation department.
- Bachelor of Accounting, Commerce or equivalent;
- Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) designation;
- Historically achieved high grades/academic excellence in accounting and related courses;
- 3-5 years’ experience with tax matters;
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Program;
- Experience providing corporate and personal tax planning to owner-managed businesses.
The individual should demonstrate:
- A keen desire to learn an extremely technical and highly valued discipline;
- Be committed to reading and keeping abreast of current tax developments;
- Strong reading, research and writing skills;
- A good understanding of income tax rules;
- Attention to detail and the ability to detect and identify numerical, written and other types of errors;
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects;
- A desire to regularly work and interact internally with members of various departments and externally with clients, corporate lawyers and CRA.
In addition, the individual should also possess the following characteristics:
- Enjoy research and problem solving pertaining to a variety of client issues and industries;
- Have strong verbal communication skills in order to be able to discuss issues with other professionals, both within and outside the firm and quickly grasp the clients’ goals and objectives;
- Have competent computer skills;
- Be willing to accept additional responsibility as experience and knowledge increase;
- Be willing to present at departmental lunch and learn on various technical tax topics;
- Be willing to provide input and feedback at regular departmental meetings and other strategic-planning sessions to assist in setting and achieving departmental goals.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Chelsey Montgomery, Human Resources Specialist, at email@example.com.
Taylor Leibow LLP is an equal opportunity employer. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or may require an accommodation during the application process, please contact Chelsey Montgomery at 905-523-0000.