Do you have experience working in a public accounting firm? Have you always wanted to take the summer off or work reduced hours? If so, Taylor Leibow has an opportunity for you! We are looking for a seasonal Accounting Technician to work in our Hamilton office. We encourage candidates with experience in public accounting to apply.
Hours of Work
- January to June – 35-40 hours/week. Overtime is not expected for this role during tax season.
- July and August – summer off.
- September to December – potential for hours based on work requirements.
Please note: Taylor Leibow is open to flexibility with the above arrangement.
Taylor Leibow LLP is a full-service CPA firm located in Hamilton, Ontario. For the last 75 years, Taylor Leibow has served a diverse set of clients and is one of the largest independent public accounting firms in the Hamilton and Burlington regions.
The responsibilities of the Accounting Technician would include the planning, execution, and completion of review and compilation engagements. This would include preparing financial statements with supporting working paper documentation and income tax returns, as well as completing other accounting and tax requirements as necessary. The successful candidate may also be responsible for reviewing files, training, and providing feedback to junior team members.
- 3 years’ experience in a CPA firm.
- 3 years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Prior work experience in a CPA firm, is a prerequisite;
- Leadership qualities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team Player;
- Accurate and pays attention to detail;
- Supervisory/Training skills;
- Organizational skills; and
Please email a cover letter and resume to Chelsey Montgomery, Human Resources Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taylor Leibow LLP is an equal opportunity employer. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or may require an accommodation during the application process please contact Chelsey Montgomery at 905-523-0000.